Navigating Controversy


Since January of this year I have been enrolled in a distance learning course called "Leader Development Program". The course is from Bethel Church in California. Each month we deal with a particular theme. Interestingly our theme for May is "Risk and Faith".

I was on staff under Roland Buck (Angels on Assignment). I will never forget the first Sunday he shared about the Angelic visitations. He was so transparent. God was asking him to lay down his years of reputation in the community, with his denomination, with his family... to be ridiculed, scorned, even to the threatening of his own life. He was a man who walked between heaven and earth, in the cloud of glory, a local pastor suddenly thrust onto an international platform. He was not an outstanding orator, not a super spiritual giant, not a polished packaged professional. Just a loving faithful spiritual father - targeted by heaven for a message that is still rippling across the nations. Roland used to tell us as staff, "What the Holy Spirit has given us is so precious, I won't waste my time in argument or defense. But I have all the time in the world for honest questions from hungry hearts." I have thought about that statement many times. It's the same attitude the Father displayed with humans struggling to understand the mystery of his plan and their part in it. From Moses to Mary, the patience and understanding of God is evident to hear the questions from hungry hearts. I try to filter that in my own life to be sure I do not give time to a spirit of defense and argument, but always have time for the hungry of heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encounter Jesus in the Noise