September Visitors

OK, all those of you who been waiting for updates…
In September my sister DeAnn (Levi jacket) and her husband John came to Seattle to celebrate her birthday and have a mini vacation. John was then flying back to Boise, and DeAnn staying to help me with the Onecho Family Camp in Eastern Washington mid September. While they were here, Rosemary, from Carolyn's church CityLife in Melbourne, flew in for a quick visit (pictured above multi-tasking a call to her office in Australia during a tour of the locks).

Carolyn and I are under the covering of the Missions Department in Carolyn’s home church when they send us at different times of the year to work with nationals in designated target countries under the category of "Intergenerational Missionaries". In January we will be heading to Thailand, then to Cambodia in February. Rosemary is the person to whom we report.

Among Rosemary's many responsibilities in Missions, is pastoral oversight for us. I have been teasing her for the past two years that she had visited all the other missionaries under her care except me. “How will you know the challenges I face in the location where I’m based (Seattle) unless you come for a visit?”

So, two years down the track, braving “Orange Security” alerts, she added a side stop to Seattle returning from her China trip and emailed me she was coming! China – Seattle! So close! Well now I feel like I’m officially looked after! (And she knows how to pray with knowledge! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encounter Jesus in the Noise