Grace for the Moment

I am back in Seattle. It's catch up time. The result of travel...overseas for three months, off to speak at a Women's Retreat in Washington and then a 9hr drive to be with family in Boise Idaho for two weeks. I was now preparing for summer ministry. Suddenly I saw the Max Lucado flip calendar in my living room and wondered what the message was for the 26th of May - the day I lost my cousin. It was now June 1st but the calendar was still set to May 2nd, the day I flew back from Australia to the U.S.
This is what May 26th said:

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and he saves those whose spirits have been crushed." Psalm 34:18
"Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us." Romans 15:4

These are not just Sunday school stories. Not romantic fables...
They are historical moments in which a real God met real pain so we could answer the question, "Where is God when I hurt?"... The God who spoke still speaks... The God who came still comes. He comes into our world. He comes into your world. He comes to do what you can't. Max Lucado

Comments

Anonymous said…
that's so true, Sue.
*hugs*
love,
Mei
TigerLily'sPad said…
It's been great being able to see you at church! I hope that everything went great at Isaiah's Ranch! Please let me know how it went with the kids, or maybe we could all meet again for coffee?

love you Sue!

TigerLily*

Popular posts from this blog

Encounter Jesus in the Noise