Ahoy!


Yes I am a ship's captain (for 3 whole min). I went with my sister DeAnn and her husband John fishing in Puget Sound yesterday and got to try my hand at the ship's wheel. I was amazed at the pull of the current in some parts of the water. Now our plan was to catch salmon. Technically one was caught. But it was too small and John had to throw it back. So the day wasn't a totally waste, if you could say that when you are in such beauty, we did some bottom fishing before going back to port. We caught about 30 flounder in 20 minutes. Cool thing was I also caught two sharks! They were about 3 footers. I also got a hit so strong - - it was pulling the line out against the brake on the reel - a 40 lb test line - which it finally broke on the knotted part. The real captain had set up my rigging and said when he examined it, "whatever it was it broke the strongest knot there is!" . Cool huh? He thought it was probably a huge skate! We all enjoyed our time. Want to taste some shark?

Comments

Carolyn said…
Yes! I'd LOVE to taste some shark! We call it FLAKE in Australia of course. Not bad girl -see you in Czech!

Popular posts from this blog

Encounter Jesus in the Noise