May Daze


May was a busy time in Idaho. I got to spend time with my family and friends - Mother's Day - birthdays - catching up with life in the Great Northwest. Had a nice meeting with a friend of mine named Dean Estes. Dean is an Idaho artist and works in several mediums, one of which is bronze. He is lovely and keeps asking me is he can do a bronze of me and some children. I keep telling him "Only if you can do bronze lipo suction!"

One of the priorities during my time there was going to McCall to work on the parent's cabin which is up for sale. I went with my sister and her husband to clean and pack a few more things - presentation is everything if you watch "SELL THIS HOUSE". No one wants to sell but the proceeds are needed to help with the parents expenses, especially getting an access van for dad's wheelchair.

Now I am back in Washington in a mad whirl of packing children's summer ministry materials - cleaning - errands - and catching up in general with my condo. Of course this was proceded by two days at the dentist getting 6 cracked teeth repaired. And no, I don't know how that happened! Life is just filled with fun surprises.

Carolyn flies in two days from now on Friday evening. Sunday we are at our first camp in Idaho. And so it begins. We are looking forward to being joined by an intern, Rachel Devore, who is a children's ministry major. She will be with us June and July this summer. Please keep us and the kids in your prayers and we will keep in touch.

Comments

Sam Leong said…
hi Sue,

You probably won't remember me, but I was at the balloon crafting session at the More than Gold training day at CityLife church. I'm a friend of Sarah's and I'm glad you're behind her too as she travels to China.

I shall be heading off in 2 weeks time. Different location, but with high school kids, teaching conversational English. Those balloon crafting lessons will sure come in handy!

God bless,
Sam.

Popular posts from this blog

Encounter Jesus in the Noise